Joomla is a user-friendly way for people all over the world to build anything from basic websites to advanced web applications. It is considered a Content Management System (CMS) and currently runs 10% of the world’s business websites. Joomla! Is one of the most popular website software, thanks to its global community of developers and volunteers, who make sure the platform is user friendly, extendable, multilingual, accessible, responsive, search engine optimized and so much more. The Joomla Project and CloudAccess.net are equally excited to announce the launch of launch.joomla.org, the brand new platform to launch a free Joomla website and test upcoming releases to support the project by helping make our CMS the best it can be. If you are new to Joomla and would like to see it in action without downloading and setting it up yourself, launch.joomla.org gives you the ideal opportunity to do so and have a fully functional Joomla site up and running in a matter of minutes.
Frame Work Of JOOMLA:
The Joomla! Framework is a new PHP framework (a collection of software libraries/packages) for writing web and command line applications in PHP, without the features and corresponding overhead found in the Joomla! Content Management System (CMS).
Why JOOMLA Is Good For Small Business?
Confidently, Joomla is good for any small business and the following are the
- Joomla Ascertains That Small Business Gains An Online Presence Rapidly And Cheaply.
- No technical Skills are required when updating a Joomla site.
- Joomla provides an easy shopping cart.
- Joomla sites could be integrated with social networks easily.
- Joomla is a true and trusted content management system.
Features of JOOMLA:
- User Management: Joomla has a built-in registration system that allows users to configure personal options. There are multiple user groups with various types of permissions on what users are allowed to access, edit, publish and administrate. Authentication is an important part of user management and Joomla support multiple protocols, including LDAP, Open ID, and even Google mail. This allows users to use their existing account information to streamline the registration process.
- Content Management: Joomla’s simplified three-tiered system of articles makes organizing the content a snap. The content can be organized in any way. Website users can rate articles, e-mail them to a friend, or automatically save a PDF. Administrators can archive content for safekeeping, hiding it from site visitors. On public Web sites, built-in e-mail cloaking protects email addresses from spambots.
- Media Manager: The Media Manager is the tool for easily managing media (image and others) files or folders. The Media Manager is integrated into the Article Editor tool to grab images and other files at any time.
- Contact Management: The Contact Manager helps your users to find the right person and their contact information. It also supports multiple contact forms going to specific individuals as well as groups.
- Search: Joomla’s search feature helps navigate users to most popular search items and provide the admin with search statistics.
- Banner Management: It’s easy to set up banners on your Web site using the Banner manager, starting with creating a client profile. After adding campaigns and banners, impression numbers, special URLs and more can be pre-set.
- Web Link Management: Providing link resources for site users is simple and you can sort them into categories, even count every click.
- Template Management: Templates in Joomla are a powerful way to make your site look exactly the way you want and either uses a single template for the entire site or a separate template for each site section. The level of visual control goes a step further with powerful template overrides, allowing you to customize each part of your pages.
- Powerful Extensibility: These are just some of the basic Joomla features and the real power is in the way you customize Joomla. Visit the Joomla Extensions Directory to see thousands of ways to enhance Joomla to suit your needs.
- Syndication and Newsfeed Management: With Joomla, it’s easy to syndicate your site content, allowing your users to subscribe to new content in their favorite RSS reader. It’s equally easy to integrate RSS feeds from other sources and aggregate them all on your site. The Menu Manager allows you to create as many menus and menu items as you need. You can structure your menu hierarchy (and nested menu items) completely independent of your content structure.
- Integrated Help System: Joomla has a built-in help section to assist users with finding what they need. A glossary explains the terms in plain English, a version checker makes sure you’re using the latest version, a system information tool helps you troubleshoot, and, if all else fails, links to a wealth of online resources for additional help and support.